Dream Challenges

Dream Challenges
Life Changing Events

Thursday 10 December 2015

All I want for Christmas is you…

Mariah Carey once said, all I want for Christmas is you and when it comes to our 2016/17 challenges these lyrics couldn't be truer with all of them set to be EPIC you will want them all!

Here is the Perfect Challenge Bucket List for you to send to Santa...

Dear Santa…

I have been very good this year and next year I want to be even better by taking on a new challenge and raising money for a really good cause. So here is my bucket list for 2016…

Be part of a team...




This year I want to join together with my colleagues or friends to take on a challenge to raise money for charity.  Here are the top team challenges I would like to do…

Ben Nevis Charity Challenge –Teams of four are challenged to climb Ben Nevis, cycle 25 miles (on road) and canoe Loch Lochy.

Race the Sun Lake District - Teams of four are challenged to cycle 50 miles, climb Helvellyn and canoe Lake Thirlmere. Starting at sunrise and finishing by sunset - Racing the Sun!

Be on top of the world...




What better way than to feel on top of the world than to climb a mountain? So Santa please can I go on a once in a life-time trek to the summit of MountKilimanjaro and raise funds for charity.

At 5896m Mt Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and is rightly referred to as 'the roof of Africa’ so it really will feel like I am on top of the world!

Support a children’s charity…




I would like to trek through the stunning Himalayas and raise funds for a children's charity of my choice. Therefore Santa all I want for Christmas is…
Let's Trek for Children inIndia entails five days of trekking starting in Dharamsala the spiritual home of the Dalai Lama. Trekking through spectacular mountain landscapes and sleep under the stars in remote mountain camps as we head for our finish line at Laka Got (3,550m) well above the Himalya snow-line. This amazing Indian adventure culminates with a visit to the breath-taking Taj Mahal in Agra.

Help beat cancer...




In 2016 I want to make a difference and help raise money for cancer charities. There are lots of amazing challenges I can do this for but on my bucket list I would like to put….

Britain V Cancer - Hike the Himalayas in beautiful Nepal to raise funds for the cancer charity or hospice of my choice.The challenge is on to trek to Poon Hill (3,210m) in the stunning Annapurna region. The trek will take us through charming Nepalese villages where we will experience the culture of the mountain people of Nepal first hand.
Support the fight against heart disease…




Heart disease is one of the biggest killers in the UK, with someone having a heart attack every 7 minutes. In 2016 I want to help the fight against heart disease by taking part in the following challenge to raise funds for a heart charity of my choice…

The Big Heart Bike Ride in Africa entails five days of consecutive cycling for a distance of 360km across Tanzania, starting in the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro and finishing at the impressive Ngorongoro Crater, where there will be the option to do a safari. Along the way we will cycle past three national parks and experience the life and culture of the colourful Maasai tribe in their natural environment.
Challenge my fitness...




Each year after I have scoffed my last mince pie of the festive season I think next year I will get fit and challenge myself. In 2016 I am going to make this happen. So what better way than to have a challenge to aim for giving me a real carrot to work towards. Santa, on my bucket list please can I put…

Trek Jordan entails five days of trekking starting at the Dead Sea and finishing at the red rock city of Petra. Accompanied by Bedouin guides you will trek through mountain and desert terrain using ancient trails. You will sleep under the stars in remote desert camps en route to the beautiful city of Petra.
Trek Jordan is open to people of all ages and from all walks of life who will come together to do something amazing.
Start a new hobby and meet new people…




OK, so I admit that in 2013 I started spinning as my new hobby and only went twice. But this year it will be different as I will have something to train for to keep myself motivated and on track. This year I am going to start cycling so Santa all I want for Christmas is…

London to Paris Bike Ride - The challenge is on to cycle 237 miles in just three days! The ride will take you through rolling English countryside and the breath-taking panorama of Northern France to a spectacular finish at the Eiffel Tower.
There will be a huge amount of fun and friendship along the way as cyclists of all abilities take up this special challenge.
See the world in a different way...




I love travelling and seeing the world! And 2016 I want to do travel in a different way experiencing cultures and landscapes close up. So Santa all I want for Christmas is…

Cycle China - Join us for a spectacular 400km cycle challenge across the Beijing province and visit the amazing Great Wall of China to raise funds for the charity of your choice. The challenge entails five days of cycling and en-route we will visit remote sections of the Great Wall of China. The cycling is challenging but the panoramic views are stunning. At the end of the challenge there is the opportunity to explore Beijing and its Forbidden City.
Trek Borneo - The challenge is on to trek to the summit of Mount Kinabalu, Malaysia's highest peak at 4,095m. There will be a real sense of adventure as you have the opportunity to undertake day and night time treks in the Bornean rain forest. However the highlight for most on the challenge will be a visit to the Orangutan sanctuary in Sepilok.
Be a part of something AMAZING!




In 2016 I want to say I did that! I want to say I was part of that! With all the bucket list challenges I know I will have achieved something amazing and supported great charities by doing it.

In 2015 over 4000 people took part in Dream Challenges and Action for Charity 20 challenges raising a staggering £4 million pounds for a variety of charities. There are so many more ways I could get involved to #Make2016Count and I can’t wait!

Feel Inspired? To find out more about Dream Challenges events please visit the website or contact us directly: 



No comments:

Post a Comment